This is the privacy notice of Federico Lopez Nolasco, acting as Data Controller. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to datatunnel.io website. Our website is registered at 22 Wilford Court, Cork Abbey Avenue, Bray, Dublin A98V755.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, you may decide not to use this website.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
Our policy complies with Irish law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org. The www.knowyourprivacyrights.org website is about how law protects information. It aims to help you understand your rights and the legal obligations website owners have to you.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
During its daily organisational activities, we acquire, process and store personal data in relation to:
- Users of datatunnel.io
All above websites are owned by Federico Lopez Nolasco.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of the defined bases we process distinct categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes, then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, make a transaction, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
To carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- make a transaction
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to get service information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to get service information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us via our Data Protection email. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website(s) or our services further.
3. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of datatunnel.io
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response.
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party.
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage datatunnel.io risk.
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
4. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they request so or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information. Specific uses of information you provide to us.
5. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our website allows you to publish information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- Customer testimonials – if you submit a testimonial of our products or services you should consent that we publish your testimonial on our website(s) or marketing materials. The testimonial may include; testimonial description, company name, company logo, name and job position of person that appears in the testimonial. The personal information in the testimonial may not be used to contact you for purposes of marketing unless you have opted into receiving further marketing communications from datatunnel.io.
- Case studies – A case study is a product or service we have successfully implemented for a customer. From time to time we may publish a case study document on our website(s) or marketing material. If the content of the case study refers to personal information, we request consent to each person appearing in the case study.
- Newsletters – If you selected to sign up to our website(s) newsletters we will use your personal information when sending newsletters. You may opt out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any newsletter email.
- Member posts – If you have signup to our website(s) you can write posts on website pages or on other posts from website members. With your consent and the required level of privacy of your member profile, your member profile is accessible to other website members. Another member might be able to access your member profile and view, your company name, your name, job position. Other members may contact you with private messages. Private messages share information between website members without disclosing your email address from your membership profile unless you consent explicitly another member to view your email address. You may cancel at any time your website membership. If you cancel your membership, we will delete permanently your membership data.
If you post personal information to our website, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared to other website members or website users.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to remove any inappropriate data posted to our website.
Any posts you make, once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request to remove personal information is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at Data Protection email.
6. Complaints regarding content on our website
Our website is a publishing medium. Anyone may register and then publish information about himself, herself, or some other person.
We do not moderate or control what is posted.
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
7. Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure payment page. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
We work with paypal.com. If a paid service is provided, our suppliers and customers may receive or make payments through PAYPAL online payment system.
8. Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to 3 years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for 6 years before destroying or deleting it.
9. Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of datatunnel.io.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from complaint activities to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
11. Affiliate and business partner information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner. It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you. The information is not used for any other purpose. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy. Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
Our website has cookies tracking disabled.
- to track how you use our website.
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website.
- to keep you signed in our site.
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them.
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
13. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider, and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
14. Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
15. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
16. Sale of Business
17. Third party advertising on our website
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
Access to your own information
18. Access to your personal information
- At any time, you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing into your account on our website.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information.
19. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at data protection email.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
20. Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
21. Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under eighteen, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian.
- We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
- Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
22. Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
23. How you can complain
- If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. This can be done at https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/complaints/1592.htm.
24. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested.
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities.
- to support a claim or defence in court.
25. Compliance with the law
However, it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time, as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
© 2022 Federico Lopez Nolasco.